Friday, 10 May 2013

Blogger's Block

There's some days when I feel like I want to dive under the covers, dressed in my sweatpants, and never leave. Other times I plan outfits for days but when I put them on in the morning I find myself underwhelmed and furthermore go into an "I have nothing to wear" phase. And finally, there's some days a season when I somehow manage to dress up just perfectly for my mood, even if it's just a tee and a pair of jeans.
However, for those days and even weeks when my inspirational level is lower than low can be I use the term of "Blogger's Block". I'm always surprised when I see that other people do the same silly things I do: like measuring time in songs: "It only took me three songs to get there!" and using my iPhone with my nose during winter, when I wear gloves. So I'm writing this manifesto in order to see whether there's other weirdos like me that go through these phases. Lately, I've been waking up drained of all creative ideas and fashion instincts. The outfits I manage to pull out lately are nothing more than colour coordinated and pretty. And pretty is not what I usually go for, I do want the va-va-va-voom as well.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to recover my spirit? As many streetstyle blogs and inspirational photos I check out, I don't seem to quite get my fashion sense back. I bet it's due to the stress that my finals are causing but what can I do to stay on the floating line? I've always thought that my style is going to be the last one to fade, so I think I'm in a dangerous place right now, a place I want to get out of.

Any tips and tricks would be lovely to hear, and your stories as well! I bet you have some interesting ones!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I've had AP exams all week and they just kill my spirit. I think one of the best ways to get it back is to grab a camera and just take pictures for a half hour somewhere. I always love going to this historic spot in my town where the flowers are all blooming and it feels like spring, but anywhere you love to go works! When you take pictures you'll start to see all the little beautiful things and your inspiration will come back!

    ~ Caroline
    http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I have bloggers block I go to stores that inspire me like Anthropologie and West Elm. Happy Friday. xx. McKenna Lou

    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...