Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Lacquer Lab

A couple of weeks ago I headed out with a friend to Spitalfields Old Market to scout for cute Christmas presents and some vintage shopping. The thing I love about vintage markets is that you never know what you might find. Yes, of course, a lot of times I end up empty handed but there's days when I find some very special things. This was the case now, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this post.

As I was walking through the stalls I came across the girls from Lacquer Lab, a nail boutique that creates custom glitter nail polishes. As you've seen from my previous post I have been experimenting with glitter, trying to introduce it into my nail routine and escaping the stereotype that all glitter designs have to be fit for a drag queen. The girls had at least 20 jars full of different colours, shapes and sizes of glitter and I did choose two, fairly similar, bronze glitters. Just in time for Christmas! What is more, besides the glitter combos they also have base colours and "ready to wear" glitter polishes. They also offer packs of three nail polishes that you can also combine to your own discretion. I got my nail polish fairly quickly, in about 10 minutes and loved the result. I tried it on and it lasted me for a week without chipping. (not to mention that taking it off was, as with all glitters, a pain in the a**)

The Lacquer Lab website is also in progress so keep an eye out for it, you'll be able to make your own combinations online as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...