Thursday, 4 September 2014

Golden Times

DSC_1229
                If someone would ask me to attach one word to my life I would say “change”. Everything around me is moving so fast that whenever I stay too long in the same place I feel like I am wasting my time. My biggest craving is variety. When I left London for the summer I was freaked out about what I was going to do for three months in the same place. Summer had always been my season, three months of travelling, excitement and new experiences. This summer, however, wasn’t shaping up to be any of those things. Between work, stressing out about my new flat and sleeping I didn’t know which one would break me down first. None of them did, obviously.

Now that I’m back in London what I do realise is that there’s something so sweet about familiarity, something often overlooked. Every time I go out I look for someplace new and exciting, something I have never seen before. My friends and I often complain about going to the same places every time. But what is wrong with that? As fun as discovering new things is, sometimes it’s better to just go back to what you are used to. There’s nothing wrong with wanting everything to be the way you know it to be. Nothing wrong with being scared of the unknown.

This is my way of saying that I will be away for a couple of days, due to... changes. So while I am trying to figure out how to make new things familiar here are some pictures I shot a week or so ago. We caught the golden hour, my favourite time of day, and the pictures turned out stunning. Can’t wait to experiment some more with my camera; test different lightings and moods. Let me know, what do you think? 
DSC_09001
DSC_1223

1 comment:

  1. Cute dress!
    ~Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...