Monday, 5 October 2015

Falmouth Diary

DSC_0145
To me, there’s nothing more rewarding than travelling. Wherever I go and whatever I see, nothing fulfils me more than this permanent need of experiencing and exploring something new every day. 

What is even better experiencing something new is experiencing something new with old friends. At the beginning of last month, a friend and I set off to visit another good friend of ours all the way down to Cornwall, and not any place in Cornwall but pretty much as far South as one can imagine. Five and a half hours and two trains later, we reached the quaint town of Falmouth, right by the British coast. It’s becoming more and more obvious to me that there’s no place I feel more at peace than by the sea. I can’t describe nor explain the feeling but the best way I can put it into words is it feels familiar, welcoming and makes my energy levels rocket.

Falmouth is a very small, but pretty, town by the sea and its main street is strewn with small independent shops and restaurants. My top advice would be that if you’re there you need to go to Meat Counter and try their burgers, best ones I have ever had. I think any foodie would appreciate a burger so juicy it just runs all over your hands, hence why they don’t even bother with napkins and only have large rolls of paper towels on each table.

I already knew Cornwall was renowned for its scenery but every walk around the area convinced me more and more that it was true. Obviously, I couldn’t help but take too many pictures of everything so here is a small selection of my favourite ones. Hope you enjoy!

DSC_0108
DSC_0152
DSC_0031
DSC_0549
DSC_0394
DSC_0513
DSC_0577
DSC_0166

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, these pictures are so beautiful!
    xx Alessia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falmouth looks like a lovely town to visit and thanks for sharing with us your travels! ;( I'm currently stuck in an office job so unfortunately I don't have the luxury of going on vacation to travel yet... sigh but I really enjoy traveling as much as you do. I think it's one of the most eye-opening and fulfilling experiences in life.

    xx
    atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I could be a professional traveller I would haha. I think even if you are stuck in an office job this makes you appreciate every place you go to more because it's a rare occasion!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...